Why do People Undergo Spine Surgery?
Spine surgery is one of the most costly operation which is why if you are feeling pain on you back frequently, you must go to your specialist to have your back check up. Surprisingly, people nowadays oversee spine injury and fractures that often result to extreme cases and eventually lead to spine surgery because the spine was not treated earlier.
According to the Virginia State Institute, they have see approximately 60,000 patients at VSI and majority of them who have spine problems did not undergo operation primarily because most cases of spine injuries can be treated through physical therapy, spinal injections, medication management as long as the patient discover early signs of symptoms and undergo check up. Then why do people undergo spine surgery? Here are some reasons:
- In order to remove pressure off of nerves- there are cases when a disc herniation or spinal stenosis occurs. This is when the nerves within the spinal column compress which may result to pain, tingling sensation, numbness, muscle weakness and other extreme symptoms that are hard to tolerate.
- To improve the stability of spine- sometimes, our spine is not able able to maintain its proper form in normal conditions. Spine stability is crucial since it is the spine that provides protection and structure for the body. Unstable spine occur from different types of spinal structures, spondylolisthesis and other disc injuries.
- Realignment of Crooked Spine- there are many reasons for our spine to get crooked such as scoliosis, kyphosis and flat-back syndrome. Fortunately, scoliosis and kyphosis can be treated by physical therapy.
If you have any of the above mentioned conditions then it is important to know what type of treatment would be best for you. Central Texas Spine Institute, PLLC, (CTSI) located in Austin, Texas, is a private medical practice offering comprehensive spine care, including diagnostic services, conservative treatment modalities, and spine surgery. Randall F. Dryer, M.D. is an award-winning spine surgeon and respected innovator in stem cell therapies. Since 1988, Dr. Dryer has been treating patients in Central Texas and from all over the world.
What are the Benefits of Spine Surgery?
- Increase productivity at work.
- Decreases the pain.
- Able to move around freely.
- Don’t need to take medicine
Given the above information, it can be concluded that process such as spine surgery is a product of science rather than art because 1). skilled person in the field is necessary during the said operation. 2).The process per se was developed within so many years 3). It is a technical process that involves decisions that may risk the life of the patient.